The System Admin – Help Desk Analyst is the first point of contact to ICT related issues and problems. Responsible for logging, classification and solving incoming tickets. Performance and reliability of ICT Hardware systems and applications. Performs troubleshooting for hardware, and report failure. Communicate to End-User of ICT policy and maintain a global view of our helpdesk systems.
Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for users with supported hardware, software and application problems.
Provide accurate and timely logging of all problems in the help desk software.
Resolve as many user reported problems as expertise permits.
Escalate problems as appropriate in line with Help Desk procedures.
Act as a liaison between users and internal and external support staff to ensure accurate problem interpretation.
Maintain communication with users during the problem resolution process providing user with the appropriate status reports.
Assist in producing management reports from the Help Desk Software.
Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Help Desk supported hardware, software and applications. Using Snow as inventory to keep track of hardware and software.
To liaise and work with other functional areas including the ERP and Infrastructure teams to ensure that any changes are rolled out to the user base in a controlled and structured manner.
Review and update documentation as and when required.
As and when required assist with root cause incident investigation work.
Assist ICT colleagues globally if needed.
Identify services according to ICT Service Catalogue.
Preferably college degree in IT or IT related qualification
Good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, such as Windows 7 and 10. Windows and Microsoft applications such as Office 2016 and Office 2013.
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications and local area networks.
- Knowledge in creating user in Active Directory.
- Must be customer focused and have demonstrated effective customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling tricky situations and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work within the Help Desk environment and to be able to work with other related departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative to independently resolve problems.
- Demonstrated a good knowledge of supported hardware, software and applications.
- Be a good ICT team member communicating changes and help resolve issues globally.
- Attend and contribute to projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an advantage
- Knowledge of AVAYA telephone systems would be an advantage.
- Must possess a good standard of written and spoken English and must be able to communicate effectively with users at all levels within the organization.
How to Apply
Please send your application with an English language CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org